Alaska Youth Soccer Association is pleased to offer the Coaching Enhancement Grant Program to assist coaches with opportunities to enhance their professional growth. The Coaching Enhancement Grant will aid AYSA in promoting and assisting affiliate clubs and their coaches in advancing their knowledge and credentials in the game of soccer while relieving them of the financial burden associated with coaching courses.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age and have completed/passed the AYSA adult verification process.
- Applicant cannot have a child/athlete competing during the designated dates/location of the training.
- Applicant must be a current registered head coach with a minimum of 3 years’ experience or an assistant coach with a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Applicant must have coached an AYSA affiliate team within the last two years.
- Applicant must be an approved coach with a full member registered affiliate club in good standing with US Youth Soccer Alaska Youth Soccer Association.
- Applicant must be committed to the advancement of diversity and inclusion in the game of soccer.
- Applicant must have performed volunteer work involving the sport of soccer in their community.
- Professional coaching resume.
- Applicant position statement on the value of attending the training along with a statement on career goals. (must be at least two paragraphs)
- Recommendation letter by Club DOC/TD with commitment to support the applicant’s professional growth, along with match grant covering cost of coach entertainment, meals, supplies, and car rental.
- Minimum of two (2) letters of recommendation from persons outside of the soccer community.
- Minimum of one (1) letter of recommendation from person(s) within the soccer community.