2019 inductee Joe Ver has continued to lead by example. His valuable insight, calming presence and experience have provided the leadership of Alaska Youth Soccer continued foresight as we develop and grow soccer in Alaska.
- Nominations for persons to be inducted into the Alaska Youth Soccer Association Hall of Fame may be submitted by any person who has been or is a player, coach, referee, or administrator for Alaska Youth Soccer Association, an organization member of Alaska Youth Soccer Association, or a member of an organization member. All resumes shall be typed on the resume form attached to the Alaska Youth Soccer Association Hall of Fame Nomination Form.
- The recognition must be for significant personal achievement in, or contribution to, Alaska Youth Soccer. In addition, the demonstrated positive effect of such achievement or contribution must have set a clear and recognized example for the soccer community to emulate and regard as a model to be followed for personal achievement.
- A nominated player must have reached the minimum age of 16 and have distinguished themself with an outstanding standard of play and/or performance as a member of Alaska Youth Soccer. The player must have participated in youth games as a registered member of Alaska Youth Soccer for at least 3 consecutive years. This also includes players who represented AYSA in ODP and/or as a member of the National Soccer Team.
- Nominated administrators, referees, coaches, etc. must have demonstrated outstanding accomplishments and/or leadership that have made significant contributions to the improvement of the sport and its participants nationwide. They must have contributed directly for a period of 5 or more years with Alaska Youth Soccer.
- Meritorious recognition nominees are individuals or organizations involved in the support of Alaska Youth Soccer in non-playing, non-administrative, non-coaching, and non-refereeing capacities.
- Completed nomination forms shall be sent to the Alaska Youth Soccer Association and must be received no later than August 1.
- This year’s nominations must be received by August 1. Nominations may be received by mail, delivery service, or email.
- The deadline for the Hall of Fame Committee to recommend each year’s inductees to the AYSA Board of Directors will be October 1.
- The deadline for the Committee to notify inductees will be October 30.
- Hall of Fame inductees will be presented and honored at the Alaska Youth Soccer AGM in November.