This page provides some lists of Alaska Youth Soccer (AYSA) requirements for clubs and their managers and staff. All forms are located in the Resources menu under Forms. Some, but not all, are also linked from this page for convenience.
For all club-specific forms, click here.
Each year, ensure that your club has filled out all required forms in the "Annual Forms" section of the Club Forms page.
Adult Background Checks
Ensure that all required adults associated with the club have completed all validation requirements. For more information, visit the Risk Management page.
Team Manager Checklist
- Know all your Club Contacts: Registrar, club administrators, coaching staff, board representative.
- Know your District Commissioner Representative and Member at Large Representative.
- Ensure that adults on the team roster and chaperones have successfully passed the background check and the initial SafeSport training along with the refresher course on an annual basis.
- Verify that players' names (legal only) and birth dates match the roster. Have a current Medical Release Form for each player.
- Make yourself easily available (cell phone, email), especially on game days.
- Always have a copy or have access to a list of team members, parents, and coaches (phone numbers/mail addresses).
- Have a list of important dates (e.g. registration deadlines, tournaments, travel permits, guest player guidelines).
- Bring your official roster and US Youth Soccer Sanctioned Player/Coach Member Cards to each and every game.
- Know the AYSA Weather Policy, Concussion Notification Procedure, Insurance Claim Form for injuries, and AYSA Player, Club, and General Polices for players, clubs, and teams. (See the club forms page linked above)
Club Team Travel
You can find all travel-specific forms here.
- Teams Traveling will apply for the Annual Travel Permit for all US Youth Soccer events/tournaments. The permit is valid Sept 1-Augt 31. This must be submitted in advance of your team traveling outside the state of Alaska (exception: teams traveling to Presidents Cup or Far West Regionals). Requests are approved by the AYSA State Office. Payment is due upon submission. Pay here
- Travel Rosters: Once a Travel Permit is approved by AYSA, you will submit the official travel roster for approval. The travel roster will show all eligible team members and coaches. Guest players can be used if the event or tournament allows.
- Host Instructions: When adding guest players to your team, please follow all event/tournament instructions, registration age guidelines, and submit all required forms. AYSA reviews and approves guest player forms if eligible and presented at least 72 hours prior to travel or the tournament event.
International Travel Instructions
- Apply for Annual Travel Permit (see step 1 above).
- Complete the US Soccer Application for Foreign Travel
- Complete the Ted Stevens Amateur Act Form
Documents required for US Soccer Approval:
- US. Soccer Application for Foreign Travel.
- Signed Ted Stevens Amateur Sports Act for Foreign Travel.
- Copy of official brochure, pamphlet, invitation or other applicable material from the tournaments' or games' host.
- Copy of Official roster (printed and stamped by AYSA).
- Also check for the non-refundable Travel Application Fee of $50 made payable to U.S. Soccer
Submit completed forms to the AYSA State Office for review and state certification of U.S. Soccer forms at least 60 days prior to the date of departure. Applications not received 30 days prior to departure may be denied by U.S. Soccer. AYSA will forward all documentation to U.S. Soccer for review and approval. Approved applications will be sent out by U.S. Soccer.